Presentations made at the EEA-MAGIC Joint Workshop: "EU Environmental Policy Frameworks through a Resource Nexus Lens", 15-16 May 2018, European Environment Agency, Copenhagen. More information on this workshop here.
- Jock Martin (EEA): "Welcome and introduction"
- Lorenzo Benini (EEA): "Resource nexus - EEA knowledge investments for SOER 2020"
- Ângela Guimarães Pereira (JRC): "Resource Nexus JRC Flagship project"
- Keith Matthews (MAGIC): "Introducing the Magic Project - Using Quantitative Story Telling to address the challenges of conducting science for policy in the EU land, water and energy nexus"
Session 1 – Circular economy and bio-economy: “Circular economy and bio-economy through the lens of the resource nexus”
- Mario Giampietro (MAGIC): "The two faces of the Circular Economy and the elephant in the room"
- Zora Kovacic & Thomas Völker (MAGIC): "Policies and imaginaries of the Circular Economy"
Session 2 – Common Agricultural Policy and biodiversity strategy: “Between agricultural development and protection of natural capital, insights from the resource nexus”
- Keith Matthews (MAGIC): CAP, the Nexus and Sustainability Narratives - Using Quantitative Story Telling to reflect on how CAP narratives, mechanisms and outcomes deliver improvements in sustainability
- Evelien de Olde & Raimon Ripoll Bosch (MAGIC):Externalisation for environmental protection?
- Maarten Krol (MAGIC): Global scale narratives on food & environment: global food production by 2050