This Policy sets out the data processing practices carried out through the use of the MAGIC website: http://magic-nexus.eu/ (the "Website"), jointly owned and administrated by the members of the MAGIC Project Consortium, coordinated by Institute of Environmental Science and Technology (ICTA) - Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Carrer de les Columnes, Cerdanyola del Valles, 08193 Spain (“MAGIC Consortium”, "we", "us" or "our").
Please carefully read the Policy to understand how we use your Personal Data after it has been collected by us. You do not need to submit any of your Personal Data when browsing our Website. If you do not want us to process your Personal Data, please do not submit any of your Personal Data on this Website. Please note, however, that without your Personal Data, you may not be able to use some of the services offered on this Website. In this Policy, the term "Personal Data" refers to any information regarding you personally, such as your name, address and email address.
2. Changes to the Policy
The MAGIC Consortium reserves the right, at its discretion, to modify this Policy. If we make material changes to it, we will provide notice through our Website, or by other means, to provide you the opportunity to review the changes before they become effective. The date at the top of this webpage indicates when this Policy was last updated.
If you object to any changes, you may close your account. Your continued use of our Website after we publish or send a notice about our changes to this Policy means that you are consenting to the updated Policy.
4. Information we collect
We may collect the following Personal Data from you:
- Email address;
- Name of the organisation you work for;
- Your IP address during the registration and logging-in;
- Other information relevant to our surveys.
When creating an account in our Website, you are requested to provide your name, email address, and a password. We also collect Personal Data from you when you provide or post it to our Website, such as when you fill out a form, respond to a survey or email us your details.
Every time you visit our Website, we receive the URL of the site you came from. We also get information about your IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser and add-ons, device identifier and features, and/or ISP or your mobile carrier. If you use our Website from a mobile device, that device might send us data about your location. Most devices allow you to prevent location data from being sent to us and we respect your settings.
5. How we use your data
The Personal Data we collect from you may be used in one of the following reasons:
- To administer our Website;
- To personalize your experience and customize the website according to your interests;
- To manage events organised by us;
- To periodically send you, with your permission, information about the MAGIC project and its activities to the email address you have provided. Please note that if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at each email we sent.
- From time to time, we may also use your email address to contact you for research purposes.
We will never sell or trade your information and we do not share your Personal Data outside the MAGIC Consortium. We will only disclose Personal Data to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, if required by law or to comply with judicial requests.
We will retain the Personal Data you provide while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you the above mentioned services.
6. Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Similar Technologies
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is secure. We maintain safeguards to protect the Personal Data you provide to us through this Website against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot warrant the absolute security of any information that you send us. While we endeavour to protect your Personal Data, when data is transferred over the Internet it may potentially be accessed and used by unauthorised parties. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
8. Your Rights
You have the right to access and request a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you and to request the correction or deletion of your Personal Data. Please make your request using the Website Contact page.
Note that we provide many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your data, from deleting or correcting data you include in your profile and controlling the visibility of your posts.
9. Account Closure
If you choose to close your account, your Personal Data will generally stop being visible to others on our Website within 24 hours. We will delete closed account information within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below:
- We retain your Personal Data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, or fulfil your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., through forum posts) will remain visible after you closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile or mailbox, and we do not control data that other users copied out of our Website. Content associated with closed accounts will show an unknown user as the source. Your profile may continue to be displayed in the services of others (e.g., search engine results) until they refresh their web browser cache.
10. Contact Us
If you have any requests concerning your Personal Data or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us through our Contact page.