In order to foster an open, friendly and pleasant atmosphere on the Forum, the following basic rules have been compiled by the MAGIC-NEXUS Project Team and should be adhered to by everyone. If you have any questions regarding these rules, please contact us using the contact form.
1. Respect the Moderators and other Participants
Remain respectful to other Participants at all times. All posts should be professional and courteous. No flaming or abusing fellow forum Participants. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after two warnings are issued by Moderators.
2. Do not cross post
Please refrain from posting the same content in several sub-forums (or topics). There is normally one sub-forum which is most suitable in which to post your contribution. Also, post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong sub-forum will be removed and placed in the correct one by Moderators.
3. Do not post inappropriate content
The following are deemed to constitute inappropriate content. Posting such content may result in account suspension or banning as well as the removal of the offending posts:
- You may not post content (text, images, videos, etc.) of a defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane or threatening nature. This includes any messages or material ethnically, racially, religiously or sexually offensive, insulting or demeaning.
- You may not post any content that violate any laws or regulations.
- You may not post any content that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy or right of publicity.
- You may not explicit advertising of products or services without our prior consent or the adequate context.
- You may not post, link to, upload or transmit software or other materials that contain viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses, or other harmful or disruptive components.
- You may not register to solely post/endorse/promote for your own personal gain.
- You may not discuss illegal activities such as software and movie piracy and other intellectual property infringement.
- You may not disclose confidential information. Posting your or other people's personal contact information (i.e. telephone numbers, addresses, etc.) on any publicly viewable forums is forbidden. Do not ask others to post their contact details.
- Anything else deemed inappropriate by us.
- You may not post links to any of the above.
4. Do not create multiple accounts
Participants in the forum may only have one active account. If you feel you have justification for requiring a new account, please contact us first to discuss your situation. Users who have multiple accounts without approval of an administrator may be banned.
5. Do not PM other Participants
Asking questions via private messages (PM) is strongly discouraged. It is unlikely that other users will respond to these requests and it defeats the secondary intent of the forums to be a resource for people.